Salmonella, gastro and diarrhea spread all over your cutlery and crockery
Asthma attacks for your kids
Cockroach poo all over the house…
Just a few very good reasons that cockroaches are one of the most hated insects in the world! Controlling cockroaches in your home can feel like a never-ending battle with home products and strategies that just aren’t enough to rid your home of these nasty pests. That’s where Top Dogs Pest Control’s up to date and effective products and cockroach control methods mean we can make your home cockroach-free.
Why Bother with Cockroach Control?
- Disease: Cockroaches carry disease-causing bacteria, spreading salmonella, dysentery, gastroenteritis and diarrhea. The organisms causing these diseases are found on the legs and bodies of cockroaches and are deposited on food and utensils as cockroaches feed and crawl around your cupboards. Cockroach control helps keeps your home disease free.
- Asthma and allergies: Cockroaches can also contribute to asthmatic reactions. The discarded fragments of “skin” can cause a reaction when cockroaches moult and it’s inhaled.
- Adaptability: Any property is at risk of a cockroach infestation. Almost everything is a source of food.
- Breeding success: Cockroaches breed rapidly; a few cockroaches can multiply into dozens within a few weeks. If you are seeing adult and baby cockroaches around your home, it is a fairly sure sign they are breeding nearby.
Cockroach Control Tips
If you are trying to combat a cockroach infestation in your home or workplace there are a few things you should be aware of and practices put in place. Cockroach control methods used by Top Dog Pest Control’s professional pest controllers follow some principles which you can do yourself at home:
Inspection: This is the first step in a cockroach control treatment. Keep an eye out for cockroaches – dead or alive, their droppings or egg cases in areas that attract them:
- Your kitchen (in the cupboards, under sinks and around the appliances like the refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, and microwave oven)
- Wet areas such as the bathroom and laundry (in cabinets and drawers)
If you find any evidence of cockroaches, then you can start using some basic cockroach control tasks.
There are 4 basic factors to cockroach control:
- Remove the food source: You need to be vigilant about cleaning up food scraps and crumbs, being vigilant about keeping the kitchen clean and ensuring all food is sealed or in airtight containers.
- Remove water: Cockroaches need water to survive. They thrive in warm, damp places; ensuring there are none of these spots in your home is the next major cockroach control step. Be mindful of leaking taps or places indoors where water seems to collect. Ensure there is no leaking pipes in the kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry areas
- Remove shelter: Cockroaches like small confined spaces e.g cracks and crevices. Removing potential homes and breeding grounds will help immensely with cockroach control. Seal any cracks and crevices in your bathroom, pantry, and kitchen cupboards, including cracked tiles and splash backs. Avoid storing unnecessary items, like cardboard boxes, plastic bags from the supermarket and old toys or clothes.
- Trapping: Collecting cockroaches on special sticky traps is another easy home step to help with cockroach control. These traps can be purchased, and often contain a food or pheromone attractant to entice the cockroaches onto the sticky board. Its best to place these traps where you see cockroaches running regularly.
Related Service: Cockroach Control on the Gold Coast